Based on a large number of studies conducted in the last twenty years, medical researchers believe that oxidation is the primary cause for degenerative diseases like coronary heart disease, cancer and diabetes. A diet rich in anti-oxidants and essential nutrients is recommended to combat oxidation.
Although all the essential nutrients and anti-oxidants can be obtained from food sources, there are a variety of nutrients and anti-oxidants required for many different purposes and a person has to consume a wide variety of food sources to obtain these nutrients and anti-oxidants. Additionally, a large amount of food is required to obtain adequate amounts of essential nutrients and anti-oxidants. Fortunately, there are a number of nutritional supplements that can provide enough nutrients and anti-oxidants that may be deficient in the diet. In the rest of this article, we look at one such nutritional supplement called Super Lutein.
Super Lutein, manufactured by Naturally Plus, is a nutritional supplement designed by Japanese researchers. Launched first in the Japanese market in 1999, this product has achieved spectacular success not only in Japan but also in other Asian countries. Its unique formula that has been updated at regular intervals over the last fifteen years is responsible for its sustained popularity.
Owing to the wide variety of nutrients present in Super Lutein, customers can enjoy many health benefits by using this nutritional supplement.
There are six carotenoids in Super Lutein. They are Lutein, Zeaxanthin, Lycophene, a-carotene, b-carotene and crocetin. In addition to these six carotenoids, there are five other nutrients available in this supplement. They are blueberry, black currant, DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), Vitamin E, and Vitamin B complex. The health benefits of most of these substances are listed below.
- Lutein benefits in reversing age-related macular degeneration is truly remarkable. It is also a powerful anti-oxidant that reduces oxidative stress in the body.
- Zeaxanthin: Located in the macular region of the eye, this yellow-orange pigment also boosts vision and prevents degenerative conditions in the eye.
- A carotene and b carotene: Available in the yellow and orange pigments in pumpkins and carrots, these substances can be converted into Vitamin A in the body. Night vision is enhanced by these carotenoids.
- Anthocyanin: A potent vision enhancing phytochemical extracted from black currants, this ingredient has captured the vision of researchers worldwide.
- DHA (docosahexaenoic acid): Fish oil and breast milk are excellent sources of this unsaturated fatty acid. It plays a vital role in the formation of the cerebrum.
- Vitamin E: The benefits of this vitamin are its ability to fight oxidation and boost immunity.
Other ingredients like Vitamin B Complex, Lycophene, and Crocetin also enhance the nutritional value of Super Lutein, making it an outstanding product to enjoy optimum eye health and overall health.